Curt G. Joa, Inc. will continue to protect our relationships, consistent with 85 years of integrity.
The claims in EP1355604 and US6994761 are taught in at least the prior art of US4842596 (Kielpikowski) and EP685586A2 (Coslett). Curt G. Joa, Inc. initiated actions based on these and other references.
The following are facts about the various actions Curt G. Joa, Inc. has initiated to invalidate these patents.
Jurisdiction: United Kingdom (UK)
- In February 29, 2016, Curt G. Joa, Inc. files for revocation of Fameccanica’s EP(UK)1355604 in the UK.
- On May 24, 2017 the UK High Court of Justice, Chancery Division publishes the decision that EP(UK)1355604 is revoked.
- On July 26, 2017 Fameccanica's requests permission to UK High Court of Justice, Chancery Division to appeal the EP(UK)1355604 decision.
- On August 3, 2017 UK High Court of Justice, Chancery Division refuses permission for Fameccanica to appeal the decision.
- On September 8, 2017 Curt G. Joa, Inc. receives payment from Fameccanica to reimburse Curt G. Joa, Inc.’s legal fees in the UK.
- On September 15, 2017 Fameccanica files for permission to appeal with the UK Court of Appeal.
Jurisdiction: European Patent Office (EPO)
- On December 16, 2015 Fameccanica submits to EPO, a central limitation request under Article 105a EPC regarding EP1355604.
- In January 2016 Fameccanica withdraws central limitation request from the EPO for the EP1355604 after being advised of non-compliance to PD63 para 11, requiring the detail of any Article 105a EPC request to be served on all parties to proceedings.
- On June 26, 2017 Fameccanica submits a second central limitation request to the EPO for EP1355604.
- On August 29, 2017 the EPO grants the central limitation for EP1355604 thereby narrowing the EP1355604 across the remainder of EU countries where the EP1355604 still remains in effect.
Jurisdiction: United States of America (USPTO)
- On April 15, 2016 Curt G. Joa, Inc. files IPR proceeding with USPTO’s PTAB for US6994761 (corollary of EP1355604).
- On October 11, 2017 the USPTO’s PTAB hands down decision to let US6994761 stand as granted.
- Pending, Curt G. Joa, Inc. to appeal the USPTO’s PTAB decision to the Federal Appeals Court.