Curt G. Joa, Inc. employs over 400 in fields like engineering, machining, electrical and mechanical assembly, industrial trades and much more.
As a privately held and family-owned business, Joa offers a stable environment that rewards innovative thinking. It’s a philosophy that’s rewarded us with an average employee tenure of 12 years.
However, Joa offers much more than just stability. With machines custom designed per each customer’s order, a career at Joa will bring a range of opportunities that provide variety in your work.
At Joa, our complex machines allow employees to challenge themselves and grow their abilities.
- Customization – We create all of our machines specifically for each customer’s request. This level of customization gives our employees the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects.
- Collaboration – For each machine we build, our employees work in a team with not only engineers, but also assemblers, laborers and technicians to determine the best manufacturing processes. This collaboration builds strong relationships, and continually sparks news ideas.
- Complexity – The variety of our intricate machines and the technology we utilize will help you further develop your skills. You will be asked to contribute on a broad level from day one, giving you the freedom to grow in your career.
See the World
As a world-wide machinery supplier, Joa needs to offer quick support when our customers need it. This means that some of our employees get the opportunity to travel the world to meet our customers’ needs. Whether helping to set up a new machine or an upgrade, or troubleshooting an issue, our employees are counted on when our customers need them. It’s a great way to see the world while representing Joa.
Company Golf Course
As a Joa employee, you and your family have free access to the company's private golf course. Employees can compete in company golf leagues or just play recreationally throughout the season.
Living in the Sheboygan Area
Since 1935, Curt G. Joa, Inc. has been based out of Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin. While we have additional operations in Germany and India, the bulk of our business takes place at our headquarters in Sheboygan Falls.
Located in a beautiful, small-town community, we’re conveniently located about halfway between Milwaukee and Green Bay. We’re close enough to everything metropolitan areas have to offer (professional sports teams, shopping malls, major airports), but far enough away to have our own identity.
With over 400 employees, we’re a major part of our community. Our employees not only work together, but participate in many local activities, creating personal friendships outside of work.
You’re probably wondering what life is like in Sheboygan County. Here are a few highlights of the area.
- Lake Michigan – Living near a Great Lake has its advantages. Whether you enjoy sailing, boating, fishing, surfing or just going to the beach, Lake Michigan offers something for everyone.
- Kettle Moraine Forest – With rolling hills and beautiful scenery, the Kettle Moraine area provides beautiful roads and trails perfect for motorcycling, biking, hiking or hunting.
- World-Class Golf – According to Golf Digest, Sheboygan County is home to five of the top 100 public golf courses in the United States. The area also hosts events like the PGA Championship, the Ryder Cup and the Women’s U.S. Open.
- Auto Racing – Elkhart Lake’s Road America is one of the nation’s premier racing destinations. The four-mile track hosts many racing circuits, including NASCAR.
- Arts and Culture – Whether you’re into art, theatre or history, Sheboygan County has a venue for you. With destinations like the John Michael Kohler Arts Center, the area offers many artistic scenes.
To learn more about everything that Sheboygan County has to offer, click here.